Friday, November 2, 2012

Gearing up for the Holiday Shopping Season


I am getting ready for the holiday shopping season.  This year will be a little different for me because I have started this coupon blog.  I want to bring you the best deals out there.  I want to be able to access the deals via Facebook, Twitter, or this blog.  I have yet to figure out Google+.  One of these days I'll figure it out.

In the meantime, I want you to be able to find me through your preferred method.  Click the links for Facebook & Twitter.

Facebook:  Treasure Hunt for Coupons

Twitter:  TreasureHunt4Qs

You can also sign up for email from this blog.  It will send you one email giving you a recap of all the deals I've posted on that particular day.  You can sign up on this page on the right-hand side.  Just enter your email underneath the "Follow by Email" box.

Now just because you "like" Treasure Hunt for Coupons on Facebook does not mean that you will be getting all the deals in your newsfeed.  Facebook has been doing some crazy things lately to people who have pages like mine.  They would like us to stay on Facebook and not refer Facebook members to other pages, like my blog.  Facebook would like us to pay in order to make our status updates show in our fan's newsfeed, but it's not even guaranteed then.  Here are some things you can do to up the chances of you seeing my Facebook posts:

1.  Make sure you "like" Treasure Hunt for Coupons.

2.  Any time you "like", comment, or share a post, it will help Treasure Hunt for Coupons to show up in your newsfeed.

3.  Add Treasure Hunt for Coupons to your "Interest List".  You can do this by going to the actual Treasure Hunt for Coupon's Facebook page.  Click on the sprocket beside the "Message" button.  It will drop down a menu where you can "Add to Interest Lists".  You will need to click "New List".  You can create a list of all the coupon bloggers you love on Facebook. 


You can read about it on Facebook here, but it basically give you the same instructions.  Some of you don't like all my posts on Facebook cluttering up your newsfeed so this is the perfect way to remedy that.  When you create your interests list, you will be able to access it on the left-hand side of your homepage.  I named my list "Coupon Bloggers".  When I click on that interest list, I only see updates from the coupon bloggers I have put into that interest list.

Maybe you aren't on Facebook or Twitter. You can always search my blog. On the right-hand side of this page you will see "Search this Blog".  Enter "Today's Treasure Chest" and it will pull up a list of my "Today's Treasure Chest" postsYou can click on those to see a compilation of deals/freebies that are still valid through the end of that particular day.  

I think that's about it.  If you find a great deal, be sure to email me at treasurehuntforcoupon(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will post it.  Please let me know immediately if a link does not work so I can correct it.

I've so enjoyed doing this coupon blog and I hope you have found some great deals.   

No comments:

Post a Comment